The AXA Research Fund's mission is to support outstanding researchers and committed to improving peoples’ lives through innovative research in areas of Climate & Environment, Health, New Technologies, and Socio-Economics.
AXA Research Fund: Exceptional Flash Call for Proposals
Mitigating risk in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic
In response to the current Covid-19 crisis, the AXA Research Fund is launching a flash call for projects. Projects should focus on:
- Protecting vulnerable populations from epidemics and catastrophes, including COVID-19: be it migrants, informal settlements, workers in the informal economy, isolated people, people with disabilities, the elderly
- Improving data collection and quality in health: how can data and technology help us get out of the crisis, understand it and mitigate it? How can it inform future containment and epidemic control?
- Understanding the effects of confinement and social distancing: what are the effects of confinement and social distancing on society and households? What are the mental health consequences? The social and domestic repercussions?
- Early warning and preparedness: how do we re-enforce our health infrastructure and ecosystem (including medical devices and drug supply) to be better prepared and how do we protect our health workers and caregivers?
- Preserving the environment and our health: connections between climate change, biodiversity loss and the origin of viral disease including socioeconomic dynamics leading to infectious disease outbreaks and sanitary crisis; Learnings from COVID-19 for mitigating future related crises in climate and biodiversity
The AXA grant aims at supporting mid-career researchers. Candidates must have defended their PhD between 7 November 2010 and 7 May 2014.
Important: The number of applications is limited to one application per institute/department/clinic of UZH. Candidates cannot submit directly to the AXA RF, they must submit their application by 6 May 2020 at the latest to the UZH Grants Office (email@example.com). If multiple applications per institute/department/clinic are submitted, the UZH Grants Office will forward the application that was received first.