Protected time for revising research projects or publishing results is crucial, particularly in the arts and social sciences.
That is why the University of Zurich has introduced additional competitive sabbaticals for UZH professors at all faculties.
Objectives and formal conditions
- The competitive sabbatical is geared toward helping professors complete the final stages of a larger research project, for example a monograph or an Opus magnum.
- At least two semesters must separate the requested competitive sabbatical from the previous and the next regular sabbatical.
- A qualified junior scholar at UZH must assume all teaching responsibilities during the professor's absence.
- The University of Zurich adopts the costs for the replacement teaching appointment (max. 6 SWS for full professors, max. 4 SWS for associate professors).
- The head of the institute/department must support the professor's application for a sabbatical.
Applications can be submitted on 1 February and 1 August to the responsible Dean. An application is possible for the semester after the next semester (e. g. application per 1.2.2020 for a sabbatical in FS 2021).
Next Call for Applications
Sabbatical: FS 2021
Submission deadline: 1 February 2020